Prospectwire.com
Special Assignment Scout
Sully@prospectwire.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Top Prospect Interview: Dillon Maples

Interview with one of the top pitching prospects in the nation, Dillon Maples. Maples currently ranks in at #16 in the nation by Perfect Game.





Sullivan: First off, congrats on being ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Describe how that feels, and do you find yourself with a target on your back when playing on the national stage against other top players?

Maples: Thanks, I fell blessed to be among the top 20 in the country.



Being from North Carolina, was it an easy decision to choose to be a tarheel?

It was a pretty tough actually. I had it narrowed down down to ECU and UNC for the longest time and when it I made my decision I felt relieve.



After facing the toughest hitters in the nation on the summer circuit, how is the transition when going back to HS ball?

I just have to keep pitching like I know how to and not focus on the batters.



Do you try not to notice the scouts at every start, or do they amp you up when you're on the hill?


I try not to notice them but its hard not to sometimes.




What pitches do you throw? Velocities?

Fastball 92 to 96, slider 79 to 82, and change up 82 to 84.




Last question, favorite player and favorite team?

I don't really have a favorite team I just like a lot of players. My favorite player would have to be David Price and Mariano Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment