Prospectwire.com
Special Assignment Scout
Sully@prospectwire.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Top Prospect Interview: Daniel Mengden


Interview with top prospect Daniel Mengden. Mengden is one of the top two-way players in the nation.



Sullivan: First off, congrats on being ranked in the top 50 in the nation. Describe how that feels, and do you find yourself with a target on your back when playing on the national stage against other top players?

Mengden: No, I just take it as another game and whatever happens, happens.




You are a two-way player, is there a position you prefer?

I prefer to pitch.





Being from Houston, how easy was your college choice?

My choice was pretty easy becuase I knew I wanted to stay in texas. I needed to find the right team which is texas a@m, I recently committed there.





After facing the toughest hitters and pitchers in the nation on the summer circuit, how is the transition when going back to HS ball?

A lot easier, most HS pitching and everything is nothing compared to what we face in the summer.




Who is the toughest hitter you have ever faced? toughest pitcher?

John Williamson (lamar) Jordan Stevens (alvin)





What pitches do you throw? Velocities?

I throw 90-92 and touch 93 94 95.. and I throw a knucklecurve, slider, and a split finger fastball




Last question, favorite player and favorite team?

Lance Berkman and the Boston Red Sox.

1 comment: