Prospectwire.com
Special Assignment Scout
Sully@prospectwire.com

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Top Prospect Interview: Carson Baranik



Interview with top prospect Carson Baranik. Baranik was recently named to the Under Armour All-American Game, which will be played at Wrigley Field.






Sullivan: Congrats on committing to LSU. What drew you to this school so early, and what other schools were considered?

Baranik: Growing up in Louisiana I just fell in love with the fans and the atmosphere at an early age, when I had the opportunity I knew it was something I would never pass on. Arkansas and Florida were my other two schools I had interest in.



Being ranked in the top 50 in the nation, do you feel extra pressure to perform each time out, and do you feel like you have a target on your back because of it?

No not really I just try to do my best and let god determine everything else.





You were recently named to the Under Armour All-American Game. Describe how that feels and did you ever see yourself pitching on such a big stage?

It feels incredible to have the honer to play in it and I just feel blessed to have the opportunity. I used the Under Armour All-American Game as sort of a motivation, I watched the game and thought how I would like to be apart of that so it was a striving point.





What pitches do you throw? How fast?


four seam has been up to 93-94, two seam is 89-92, slider is 81-84,
spike curve is 77-80 and change is 78-80




Who is the best hitter you have ever faced?


Phillip Evans, Daniel Camerena, Wallace Gonzales



Last question, favorite player and favorite team.


I don't really have a favorite team but my favorite pitchers would
be John Lester, Justin Verlander, Clayton Kershaw, and Matt Garza.

No comments:

Post a Comment