Prospectwire.com
Special Assignment Scout
Sully@prospectwire.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Top Prospect Q and A: Chevez Clarke


Interview with Top Prospect Chevez Clarke. Clarke is a highly ranked outfielder that attends Marietta High School in Georgia. He currently checks in at 13 in the nation by Baseball America.




Jeff Sullivan: Hey Chevez, thanks a lot for taking the time. First off, congrats on signing with Georgia Tech. What made you choose GT, and what other schools were in the running?


Chevez Clarke :I chose GT because I felt like I still wanted my parents to come watch me play for another 3 years and also even if baseball doesn't work out, I have an excellent plan B I can look forward to. I had Georgia, LSU, Florida State, North Carolina, and Miami in the running.



You are ranked 13 by Baseball America, and 17 by PG. Do you look at these rankings, and how do they have an effect on your day to day life?


I don't really read my own press or look at rankings. I hardly know anything about that. It really doesn't have an effect on my everyday life because I just take it one day at a time and get ready for June.



Between now and the Draft in June, what is one thing you trying to improve on?


I am really working on my bunting. I have taken several days out of the month and did nothing but bunt.



Last question, what is your favorite team, and who is your favorite player?


My favorite team is the Philadelphia Phillies and my favorite player is Jimmy Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment